CORE - Data Collection Software (COMET)
COMET (CORE Outcome Measurement and Evaluation Tool) is the purpose-built web-based data collection software that has been developed to replace the AORTIC software. COMET will support the collection and submission of compliant data to the APD and ANZPIC Registry. The site level data collected can also be extracted to complete the CCR survey.
The Benefits of COMET are:
installation on a secure domain which eliminates any local installation
- Accessed via a web browser and will run on any computer i.e. Mac, iPad, PC desktop or laptop.
- Microsoft Access license not required.
- Improved end-user experience; more user-friendly, enhanced data integrity, and more accurate reporting.
- New risk of death models i.e. ANZROD, PIM3.
- Ability to migrate existing AORTIC data (APD and ANZPICR datasets only – custom fields will not be migrated) into COMET.
- Enhanced security:
- Each site will set up a site administrator that can then add/manage users for their site.
- No one outside of the list of users created by the site administrator can access hospital data or reporting.
- Users can use the same logon details to access different hospitals if they have permission to do so.
- Increased scope for collaborations with other registries in the future.
- A searchable 'tagging' system which can be added to any patient, hospital admission or ICU admission extends.
Implementation of COMET