The NZ Regional ANZICS Annual Scientific Meeting, to be held from Wednesday 3 to Friday 5 April 2019 at the Spencer on Byron Hotel in Takapuna, Auckland.
Their meeting theme, “Past Forward your ICU !” is intended to reflect the importance of both tradition and looking into future developments which will affect the way we practice our profession :
– Technological – the advent of the hospital electronic medical record in NZ. Presenters include Professor Johanna Westbrook, Director of the Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation
– Organisational – ICU physical and organisational design. Presenters from ICUs which have recently expanded
– Therapeutics – eg Cannabinoids, presenter Professor Michelle Glass
– Cultural – Improving Maori patients’ paths into and through ICU. Presenters include Professor Hine Elder, youth forensic psychiatrist and researcher of indigenous health
– Individual – Retirement, presenters include Mary Holm, New Zealand’s most widely read investment adviser
For further information, please click here.