This is an intensive four day program designed to immerse healthcare leaders and instructors in an inter-professional learning environment. Participants will learn to teach clinical, behavioural and cognitive skills through simulation, drawing on expertise in the areas of aviation, healthcare, psychology, experiential learning and organisational behaviour.
Key topics include:
• teaching critical thinking and skills
• teaching teamwork and crisis resource management
• developing debriefing skills
• operating a simulation program
• creating a challenging and safe learning environment
• preparing, building, conducting and debriefing realistic simulation scenarios
• avoiding simulation pitfalls and ineffective debriefing techniques
• introducing behavioural and educational research paradigms.
This program will be hosted by Mater Education in Brisbane, and delivered in partnership with the world-renowned Center for Medical Simulation (based in Boston, USA) through its Institute of Medical Simulation Instructor Training Program.
For more information please click here to view the flyer.