The Basic Assessment and Support in Intensive Care (BASIC) course covers the fundamental knowledge and skills required for healthcare professionals working in Intensive Care Units and other critical care environments that provide intensive care management or advanced resuscitation and pre-transport stabilisation of critically ill and injured adult patients.
This course aims to prepare clinicians from all disciplines for the practical management of critically ill patients.
- Assessment of the seriously ill adult patient
- Mechanical ventilation: modes, strategies for optimising ventilators, troubleshooting
- Diagnosis and management of: airway management and airway obstruction; acute respiratory failure
- Severe trauma
- Severe sepsis and septic shock
- Interpretation of arterial blood gases
- Sedation and analgesia
- Critical Care Transport
- Skill stations include:
- Airway management
- Vascular access
- Mechanical ventilation in the Intensive Care Unit
- Defibrillation and pacing
Please see attached Flyer for more information and Register Here.